Thursday, March 15, 2012

My designed hat



My first designed hat. I have made it using DK yarn, and double pointed needles size, 3.5mm for ribbing, and 4mm for the body of the hat. I am enjoying design my own little things for now, and I am learning more about how to do your own garments starting from making a pattern, then graphic pattern, then making a gauge and so on. I have learned many things, but I really hope to do my own thing. I hope to make knit and crochet as I make my sewing clothes. That doesn't mean I won't do projects for others, but I want first to know how to make my own. Now it is your turn what is your opinion of my hat???

10 comments:

  1. That is a really lovely hat! Chic and warm looking. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous hat, Lily! Awesome stitches, too! You did a beautiful job of designing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice Lily!

    Joan, Winnipeg,Canada

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the cable details a lot, it simple but nice :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much all for your so sweet compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! I like the way the top comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! I like the lace pattern you used! I love designing hats as a means of checking out new yarns and stitches. Yours is quite a success!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love the patterning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recently finished a freebie Lace Panel afghan that your hat reminds me thereof.

    Love your hat!

    ReplyDelete

Recent Comments

Introduction

Recent Posts

About Me